- 026 - Strategic Initiatives
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to obtain, analyze and report on a variety of transit and financial related data to guide SORTA financial and operational decisions, enhance financial and operating performance reporting, ensure regulatory compliance and improve performance.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
• Obtain and manipulate large data files and transform data into business information that assists fulfilling department and SORTA strategic objectives.
• Search for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships by reviewing large amounts of operational data and discuss the findings with various stakeholders.
• Document and analyze department operations, which include data mapping between information systems and platforms, to solve existing business issues and identify process enhancements that will result in the improved delivery of services and financial outcomes.
• Create work products to document the types and structure of department operational data.
• Develop performance management dashboard of key operational metrics and compare benchmark information to other industry performance leaders.
• Develop solutions and recommendations for improving data integrity issues.
• Develop, maintain, and amend, as needed, standard operating procedures for identifying, capturing, and maintaining critical data elements necessary to enhance strategic decision making.
• Prepare and deliver executive level presentations to facilitate discussion of analysis.
• Assist with the completion of annual state report on transportation costs and statistical information.
• Ensure all Department priorities and projects align to SORTA's Strategic Plan.
• Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the assignments.
• Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibilities.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution (four year college or university) in planning, transportation, economics, information systems (computer science), finance, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in detailed data analysis and logical processing of information.
• Working knowledge of GL software, spreadsheets, internet, email applications, and word processing.
• Technical knowledge regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (such as Excel, SPSS, SAS)
• Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Adept at query and report writing and presenting findings in a variety of formats.