- 051 - Queensgate Transportation
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- $14.25 (During Training) $15.86 (Upon Completion) $26.44 (Top Pay)
- Part Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (90 days after employment), Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking Bus Operators to operate passenger coach over specified routes to transport people to and from their destination on time and in a safe and courteous manner. Applicants do not have to possess a Temporary or Valid CDL to apply, but MUST obtain a Temp CDL with proper endorsements if offered the position.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Commitment to operating the coach bus in a safe manner and following traffic laws.
- Be available to work various work schedules including weekends and holidays.
- Comply with local, state and federal transit regulations.
- Collect bus fares using the new fareboxes.
- Provide stellar customer service and respond to customers in a courteous manner.
- Possess a level of professionalism to represent the SORTA/Metro brand.
- Be aware of hazardous and suspicious packages.
- Assist customers with disabilities.
- Report emergency, accidents or eminent safety conditions to dispatcher.
- Pre-inspect coach to detect and report safety or maintenance problems.
- Observe time schedules along specified route while picking up and discharging passengers.
- Ensure receipt of proper fare and accept or issue passenger transfers.
- Observe safe operating practices at all times.
- Operate wheelchair lift as needed.
- Answer passenger questions and requests, furnish accurate information, and appropriately deal with disorderly or unruly passengers.
- Report mechanical defects, accidents, road hazards, personal or passenger injuries to dispatch or supervisors.
- Operate a two way radio as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Applicants do not have to possess a Temporary or Valid CDL, Passenger Endorsement and Airbrake Endorsement to apply, but MUST obtain a Temp CDL with proper endorsements if offered the position.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A minimum of three (3) years driving experience is required.
- Currently possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- No more than 4 points on driving report.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment DOT Physical & Drug Screen & obtain at least a 1 year DOT Certification.
- Must first attend the Coach Operator Interview and Testing Session.