- 063 - Procurement
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a full-time Director of Procurment to join our team. The Procurement Director is responsible for leading Metro's purchasing and inventory program with the goal of advancing Metro's strategic priorities.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive policies and procedures to ensure that all activities of the Procurement Department comply with all applicable rules and regulations of federal and state purchasing requirements, as applicable.
- Provide the overall strategic vision to transform the tools, processes and personnel of Procurement into a pro-active, technology enabled organization that quickly and efficiently provides the required goods and services to the organization in the most cost effective manner in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Resolve procurement or storeroom related issues. Address questions and concerns from internal and external customers, in a timely manner.
- Attend various staff, project, evaluation, and networking meetings, both formal and informal.
- Provide motivation, training, and guidance to staff.
- Ensure acquired materials, supplies, and services meet standards for quality, quantity, and timeliness.
- Investigate, develop, and implement cost effective and improved Purchasing and Inventory Management systems, controls, and programs.
- Resolve vendor or contractor protests, complaints, and claims against suppliers.
- Direct and coordinate daily activities of department personnel.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to in terms of contract administration, purchasing and inventory management.
- Oversee the continued development of all Procurement employees to keep them abreast of new technologies; oversee and direct the development of employees' skills and understanding of procedures and policies, developing, implementing, monitoring and overseeing adherence to performance standards. Advance staff through training, professional development and promotional opportunities.
- Expert in government procurement practices and procedures.
- Communication - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates, and supports employee development; provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- 8-12 years general business experience; combination of public/private a plus
- Current experience as a Director, Procurement or Assistant Director/Manager, Procurement required.
- 6 or more years' related experience in related functions such as purchasing agent, writing service contracts, capital equipment purchases, construction contracts and contract administration for large projects.
- 3-5 years experience supervising others.
- 4 years' experience purchasing in the public sector.
- Knowledge and moderate skill using Microsoft Office applications and procurement management applications. Experience using Maximo a plus.Comprehensive knowledge of FARS, Federal and State regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university); MBA a plus.