- 030 - Accounting & Budget
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a Director of Treasury who will be responsible for setting and achieving operational goals surrounding cash and risk management, banking relationships, debt instruments, investments risk management and insurance program renewals.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Direct Authority-wide cash management activities consistent with liquidity needs for business operations and capital projects. Make recommendations and set strategy regarding cash management and other treasury issues. Maintain and evaluate cash system controls/procedures.
- Manage Risk Management area and insurance program to identify and address risks, liaise with external legal service providers on active matters, evaluate and analyze data trends and recommend strategies to reduce and minimize claims costs.
- Manage Workers Compensation program to identify and mitigate injury root causes, coordinate with safety to improve practices and recommend strategies to efficiently monitor and evaluate cases to ensure minimal employee downtime and associated costs. Coordinate annual actuarial review and ensure appropriate assumptions result in accurate, estimated future liability amount.
- Develop, manage and maintain consistent application of appropriate fare collection policies, procedures and internal controls including equipment on buses, ticket vending machines, online and in the retail sales office.
- Direct the development, implementation and ongoing enhancement of a corporate cash forecasting system to accurately predict the timing of cash requirements over appropriate time horizons.
- Direct and determine the overall strategy related to capital lease activity to minimize asset acquisition costs and maximize cash flow.
- Develop and maintain model to forecast the Authority's interest income.
- Provide financial analyses, modeling, and recommendations for cash management and corporate finance projects (i.e. capital structure, debt, investments, etc).
- Manage short-term investments of available excess cash in accordance with investment policy, Ohio Revised Code, and cash forecast to ensure safety of principle, appropriate liquidity and market rate returns.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Communication- Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates, and supports employee development. Provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- Bachelors' degree in accounting, finance or related degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five to eight years of broad treasury experience, with a mix of public and private company preferred. Experience in risk and insurance, and knowledge of accounting, finance, and tax.
- Strong computer skills including expertise in Microsoft Office computer applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) preferred
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to take initiative, engage staff, and create change.
- Ability to motivate organization and remove barriers to effective performance.