- 023 - External Affairs
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
Free Bus Pass for Metro/TANK
Metro is seeking a college student for a Communications Intern who is Interested in a summer Marketing/PR internship with Cincinnati's nonprofit transit authority.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Draft letters, newsletter articles, news releases and other copy as needed
- Staff community events to distribute Metro information and promotional items
- Take photos at Metro events
- Coordinate mailings and other mass distribution methods
- Assist in planning and executing internal and external Metro events
- Maintain archives and records of department projects
- Assist in procuring competitive bids
- Other duties as assigned
- Communications - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills
- Current student pursuing an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's Degree from a four year college or university.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, HRIS, web-based applications, internet and email.
- A valid driver's license.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience or comfort level with basic photography.
- Attention to detail.
This position is considered part-time. Hours are limited to 20 per week. Some flexibility is required as weekend and evening work may be necessary.