- 061 - Queensgate Vehicle Maintenance
- OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor who will coordinate, monitor, and oversee all maintenance-related activities of the operations areas and supervise all designated employees. Works with Technical Coordinator and Technical Assistant to effectively manage the daily workflow operations, to reduce service interruptions, parts availability and reliability and minimize maintenance costs.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Determine schedules (including overtime as necessary), sequences, and assignments for work activities.
- Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions
- Give instructions for troubleshooting and repairs and when necessary assist employees to correct job-skill.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training (including on-the-job training) in safety, repair, and maintenance.
- May be required to compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, legally.
- Assist in finding replacement parts in inventory and inspect for acceptability.
- Facilitate the development of strategies to meet or exceed organizational and department performance goals and objectives, monitor results, and recognize employee, department and organization accomplishments.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Technology or two years equivalent vocational training.
- Five years of experience in a fleet maintenance environment.
- Prefer two years supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of inventory/purchasing software, time reporting program, spreadsheets and word processing software, email, and internet.
- Required to pass entry-level mechanical/technician test. Ability to pass high-level technician (journeyman) test preferred.
- Must be willing to work various shifts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT-Garage/Body Shop atmosphere