Metro is seeking a Street Service Supervisor who will oversee and manage daily street service operations and customer service concerns as necessary.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Manage, lead, motivate, and direct staff.
- Corrects and monitors employees on proper work procedures, safety, customer service, and company policies/procedures.
- Initiates bus operator commendation and discipline.
- Manage accident scenes, investigates accidents, submits reports, and facilitates post-accident drug and alcohol testing.
- Supervises random and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing of all coach operators.
- Provide customer service contact by speaking with customers about their experiences and address any concerns or issues, transport customers in problem situations, and respond to school route problems.
- Perform general maintenance on coaches including but not limited to: replacing or repairing
- jammed/malfunctioning fare boxes, fixing or adjusting coach mirrors and wiper blades.
- Check and secure detours for transit operations by driving to ensure detour is usable, posting the detour signs as appropriate, and communicating detour information.
- Oversee and direct operations to ensure achievement of on time performance, customer service, and safety goals and objectives
- Miscellaneous duties may include responding to calls from RCC (Radio Communications Center), monitor cameras, radio and ensures uniform compliance.
- Assist the Special Events Team with Streetcar and Special Events detours.
- Ensures compliance with Labor Agreements, EEO, ADA and company policies and procedures.
- Promote a team environment.
- Serve as an Essential Employee to continue the Authority's operation during an emergency or weather related event.
- Facilitate the development of strategies to meet or exceed organizational and department performance goals and objectives, monitor results, and recognize employee, department and organization accomplishments.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates, and supports employee development. Provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) preferred.
- Three to five years as a coach operator preferred.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Public Transportation preferred.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail.
- Ability to navigate in a Windows based computer system.
- CDL (Commercial Driver's License) with appropriate endorsements preferred.
- Prefer working knowledge of digital cameras, radios, and OTP (on-time performance), as well as working knowledge of the Metro system and routes.