- 051 - Queensgate Transportation
- OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (90 days after employment), Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a Division Manager to plan, direct, and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Transportation department. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing operator schedules, performance, payroll and attendance. Working closely with the scheduling department to ensure services are operated with a fiscally responsible run cut.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Manage, lead, motivate, and direct staff.
- Prepares and approves time, audit operator payroll discrepancies, manage discipline, and respond to grievances.
- Daily tasks include supervising employee performance, allocating employee assignments, and ensuring compliance with safety standards.
- Manage the databases that detail service activities, employee schedules and personnel records.
- Meet with Union representatives to discuss and resolve represented employee labor concerns.
- Manage and ensure the achievement of the department's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Safety, Customer Service, On-Time Performance, Customer Complaints and Operator Attendance.
- Ensure compliance of work rules and the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
- Establish and implement departmental policies and procedures.
- Determine staffing levels and conduct interviews with candidates for bus operator, clerk and vault puller vacancies as needed.
- Respond to operational service issues as needed.
- Manage operator attendance and daily work assignments to assure sufficient and effective staffing to meet daily service needs.
- Facilitate the development of strategies to meet or exceed organizational and department performance goals and objectives.
- Oversee the development of all operations employees, keeping them informed of new technologies.
- Advance staff through training, professional development and promotional opportunities.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service and open communication.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Monitor supervisor and clerk performance and attendance.
- Execute employee recognition, commendation and discipline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication- Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates, and supports employee development. Provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity and honesty.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
- 5 years operations experience preferred.
- 5 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in Microsoft Office suite.
- Current CDL with appropriate endorsements preferred.
- Proficient knowledge and application of transit operations system, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.