- 030 - Accounting & Budget
- OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a Director of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis to provide management level oversight of the operations of the Accounting Department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, and general accounting. Responsibilities also include financial reporting, annual audit management and project accounting.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Provide management-level oversight of the accounting department, including payroll, revenue reporting, shared services and general accounting activities.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports, including monthly reporting to Board of Trustees, SORTA's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, quarterly and annual statutory reporting to Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT), and internal departmental cost reports.
- Maintain compliance and consistent application of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GASB, FTA regulations, Ohio Revised Code and internal policies.
- Develop and enforce appropriate internal financial controls within accounting department and throughout the organization.
- Ensure the Authority's payroll procedures are compliant with applicable federal/state/local laws, internal policies and SORTA's collective bargaining agreement with its labor union.
- Ensure all accounting software and equipment is properly maintained, up to date and effectively and efficiently utilized in support of the Authority's strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide management-level financial oversight of the Authority's annual physical inventory of the parts storeroom and biennial fixed assets physical inventory.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer as directed in developing the Authority's annual operating and capital budgets. Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to
- assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Facilitate the development of strategies to meet or exceed organizational and department performance goals and objectives, monitor results, and recognize employee, department and organization accomplishments.
- Oversee the continued development of all Accounting employees to keep them abreast of new technologies; oversee and direct the development of Accounting Management employees' skills and understanding of procedures and policies, developing, implementing, monitoring and overseeing adherence to performance standards. Advance staff through training, professional development and promotional opportunities.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
- Communication - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates, and supports employee development. Provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) in Accounting.
- Eight to ten years of accounting experience, with a mix of public and private company preferred. More recent experience should be heavily related to the Essential Functions preferably in an accounting/financial leadership role.w
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, internet, email, and software for accounting, financial reporting, and presentation.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to take initiative, engage staff, and create change.
- Ability to motivate organization and remove barriers to effective performance.