- 065 - Queensgate Building Maintenance
- OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (90 days after employment), Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a Contract Specialist to participate in the development and fulfillment of contract requirements. Examine estimates of material, equipment, production costs, performance requirements and delivery schedules. Assist in the preparation and evaluation of: bids, work scopes, equipment and/or process specifications, progress reports, test results and other exhibits. Coordinate work of various departments and act as a liaison between company and subcontractors to implement fulfillment of contracts. Assume the duties of the Facility Supervisor or Manager in their absence or as necessary. Assist in the management and maintenance of all Metro facilities including Queensgate, Bond Hill, Access, RTC, Park-n-Rides, Bus Shelters, Bus Layovers and Railroad property.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Prepare written detailed technical work scopes, independent cost estimates, and/or product specifications, services, repairs, equipment and construction projects.
- Create purchase requisitions for the goods, services, equipment, projects and repairs including identifying funding sources through Metro's Capital plan and providing necessary justification for estimated costs.
- Evaluate and process invoices for payment within Maximo and confirm products or services have been satisfactorily delivered.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Review bids and proposals from vendors for conformity to work scope specifications and contract requirements to determine acceptable bids, reasonable prices and the overall value of the goods or services.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, prevailing wage (Davis-Bacon Act), FTA, EPA and engineering-architectural (Brooks Act), construction regulations and permit requirements.
- Oversee the execution and administration of projects with suppliers, vendors, contractors and other representatives.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that shipments are on time and that specified goods or services have been delivered.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine the disposition of defective material or inadequate services.
- Evaluate and monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations, determine the need for changes, including completing contract closeout documents.
- Maintain master contract list and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, service quality and inventories.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Study usage records and identify current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate inventory levels and quality products.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers' plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices.
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions and seminars to network with other industry experts.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
- orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Communication - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates and supports employee development. Provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school).
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of facility maintenance, industrial maintenance and engineering principles.
- Ability work with architects, engineers, construction managers, electricians and maintenance technicians.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, internet, and email.
- Excellent communication skills