- 022 - IT
- OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (90 days after employment), Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for the availability of systems and networks on which production applications run including installation, maintenance, and security of operating systems and production applications. Responsible for the integrity and security of data and applications on servers, networks, and desktops.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Maintain availability, performance, and security of servers, including operating system and applications.
- Maintain network integrity and security.
- Provide technical support and guidance to users.
- Ensure all servers and data are secure and recoverable.
- Test, develop, and research new operations systems and technology.
- Specify & install hardware required for systems and networks.
- Facilitate the development of strategies to meet or exceed organizational and department performance goals and objectives, monitor results, and recognize employee, department and organization accomplishments.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran. Ensure compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Represent the departments and SORTA at internal and external meetings. Participate in local, state and national professional and industry organizations.
- Participate in a rotational on-call schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Communication - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Teamwork and Cooperation - The degree to which individuals promote a collaborative, cooperative and productive working environment.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- College degree in Information Systems or related field , plus four ( 4) years related experience OR Eight (8) years experience in Information Systems without a college degree. Certifications a plus.
- Minimum two years of experience in server configuration management and production support.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment and promoting the goals of the organization.
- Operating systems and administration of VMWare, Windows servers, Linux and Microfocus (Novell).
- SAN experience (Equal Logic and Compellent).
- Experience with operating systems, hardware, communications equipment, and workstation.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, internet, and email.
- Good knowledge of industry trends with hardware and software.
- Network Administration/Engineering, System Security and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with supporting enterprise phone systems preferred.
- Working well with people from various organizational disciplines and with people who have varying degrees of technical experience.