- 021 - Planning
- OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (90 days after employment), Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a full-time Operations Planner to join our team. In this position you will collect, compile, analyze, and maintain detailed information about Metro service, plan for improvements in this service and assist in the implementation of approved route and schedule changes.
Effective January 1st, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Develop and maintain electronic and non-electronic records of Metro's bus stops and bus layovers.
- Develop solutions for customer service issues by consulting with and negotiating with customers, Metro staff and external agencies.
- Coordinate changes to bus stops, bus layovers, and Xtra service with Operations, Maintenance, Planning & Scheduling, Communications, and Administrative staff.
- Ensure that all bus stop and bus layover changes meet operational needs and comply with all relevant regulations.
- Validate route, schedule, and bus stop data transferred to customer information, passenger counting and computer aided dispatch/automated vehicle location systems.
- Perform ride checks, point checks, and trail checks as needed.
- Monitor, evaluate, design, and implement changes to Metro's Xtra service.
- Consult with Metro staff and external agencies to assist in negotiating the delivery of Xtra service.
- Collaborate with other employees to maintain miles, hours, and ridership information for services operated only on school days.
- Collaborate with other employees to compile, prepare, and distribute reports for special service and Xtra service.
- Collect and compile mileage information and maintain mileage data in automated scheduling system.
- Coordinate with Building Maintenance staff to ensure that bus stop signage changes are completed accurately and effectively.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Two or more years related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Working knowledge of automated planning and scheduling applications, computerized mapping, word processing, spreadsheets, internet, and e-mail.
- Experience in transit service planning or transit operations desired.
- Valid driver's license as some travel is required