Metro is seeking a Fare Deal Assistant to process Fare Deal applications in a timely and professional manner.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Process Fare Deal applications and ID cards for new and existing Fare Deal customers.
- Maintain accurate, thorough records of applicant information.
- Manage incoming phone calls, inquiries, and scheduling needs of Fare Deal customers.
- Communicate with applicants, agencies, care providers, and organizations that serve people with disabilities.
- Educate the public concerning the Fare Deal program, including the eligibility process.
- Provide information on how Fare Deal operates via usage of telephone, US mail, electronic mail and in person.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
- Attend public meetings, fairs, and marketing opportunities to promote the Fare Deal program.
- Keep Accessible Services staff abreast of new technologies, procedures, policies and ADA regulations.
- Implement, monitor and oversee adherence to performance standards.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication-Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus-Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Leadership-Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity-Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency-Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- High School, GED or equivalent.
- Two to four years in customer service environment preferred.
- Working experience in Microsoft Suite, email, and internet.
- Experience in Human Service, Special Education, or closely related field that focuses on working with people with disabilities preferred.