- 061 - Queensgate Vehicle Maintenance
- OH, USA
- Full Time
Metro is seeking Maintenance (Fleet and Facilities) Supervisors to coordinate, monitor, and oversee all maintenance-related activities of the operations areas and supervise all designated employees. Works with Fleet Manager or Facilities Manager, Team Supervisors and Technical Assistant to effectively manage the daily workflow operations, to reduce service interruptions, improve parts availability, maximize fleet reliability, maintain facility equipment and minimize maintenance costs.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Determine schedules (including overtime as necessary), sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Give instructions for troubleshooting and repairs and when necessary assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Order, purchase, and track materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training (including on-the-job training) in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- May be required to compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, legally required records and logs, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results.
- Evaluate outside vendors, suppliers, contractors to discuss products and services.
- Input and update Maximo (work management program) data.
- Assist in finding replacement parts in inventory and inspect for acceptability.
- Facilitate the development of strategies to meet or exceed organizational and department performance goals and objectives, monitor results, and recognize employee, department and organization accomplishments.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Communications - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates, and supports employee development. Provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Technology or two years equivalent vocational training.
- Three years' experience in a facilities maintenance fleet maintenance environment.
- Two years supervisory experience preferred.Working knowledge of inventory/purchasing software, time reporting program, spreadsheets and word processing Software, email, and internet.
- Required to pass entry-level mechanical/technician test. Ability to pass high-level technician (journeyman) test preferred.
- Must be willing to work various shifts.
- Bus and/or facility maintenance technology, which may include Hazmat, forklift, blueprint reading, welding, painting, hydraulics, and computer controls.
- Offices and Maintenance Shop atmosphere and other Metro properties.