- OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (90 days after employment), Free Transportation Pass & Discounted Dependent Passes and Retirement Benefits
Metro is seeking a Director of Transit Development who will be responsible for continuous transit system analysis, development, and improvement; based, in part, on service and performance standards, trends and research, and funding available for transit. Seek partnerships and opportunities to identify, design, and provide optimum services locally and regionally.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Research and apply demographic and land use conditions and trends to the analysis of transit service needs and improvement plans.
- Organize and manage planning studies and capital projects designed to enhance short and long-term transit service improvements.
- Provide updates on the status of strategic and long-range planning projects, including preparation and presentation of reports and proposals to senior management, SORTA Board of Trustees and other stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional planning and economic development entities to coordinate transit-related development and service opportunities, devise strategies that will support SORTA's long-range planning initiatives, and assure their effectiveness in meeting the region's public transportation goals.
- Serve as a community liaison to identify and develop service opportunities within and beyond Metro's current fixed-route network, and identify activities and developments that may impact and require modifications to current Metro service.
- Review and manage state and federal grant applications and funding that support service planning goals and objectives.
- Prepare and manage the department's annual budget.
- Ensures compliance with Labor Agreements and supports EEO, Affirmative Action and DBE policies/procedures.
- Manages direct reports including monitoring performance and attendance, and executing employee recognition, commendation, and discipline.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Develop and implement standards and strategies to meet or exceed organization, department, and staff performance goals and objectives, monitor results, recognize accomplishments, and oversee continuous improvement.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation, and professional development of staff.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus: Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development: Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates, and supports employee development, provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership: Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem solving.
- Professional Integrity: Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency: Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree (4-year college or university) in planning, public administration, or economic development.
- 5 years experience in transit development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft work environment including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, internet, and email.
- Familiarity with mapping and data-related applications.
- Working knowledge of transit planning and scheduling principles and requirements.
- Leadership and staff management experience.
- Excellent public speaking, writing and presentation skills.