Become a Bus Operator
Bus Operators are the face of Metro!
The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro depends on our professional Bus Operators to provide a safe and reliable connection for our passengers. In order to maintain Operational Excellence, Metro has a thorough recruitment and on-boarding process for all Bus Operators:
A. Review the position details to confirm that you meet the minimum requirements.
1. Required to submit current driver's license information on application
2. Less than 4 total points on current driving record.
3. High School Diploma or GED
4. Minimum of 21 years of age
B. Complete the online application.
1. Thoroughly complete all applicable fields on the online application
2. Attach/Upload resume to application
3. Submit application and wait to be contacted by an HR Representative (an HR Rep will inform you if you are selected OR not selected).
C. If considered for the positon.
1. Face to face interview with HR Representative & management team
2. Attend Bus Operator Information & Testing Session
D. Hired as Bus Operator
1. Obtain valid or Temporary Class A or Class B Commercial Driver's License with Airbrake Endorsement and Passenger Endorsement
2. Process pre-employment paperwork
3. Complete physical and drug screen
4. Obtain minimum 1 year DOT certification (completed at time of physical)
5. Comprehensive background investigation (Employers, Education, Criminal, Driving Records etc.)
6. Complete extensive & thorough training program (6-8 weeks plus an additional 2 weeks for non CDL holders)
7. Variable training & work schedule based on needs of organization
8. After training, temp CDL holders are required to obtain a valid CDL, pass Written & Skills tests
9. Benefits offered 90 days after hire
10. Salary $14.25/hr during training & $15.25 upon completion
For further questions, please call the Metro HR Dept. at 513-632-7559